Review: Wither - Lauren DeStefano



Wanting a really good Dystopian Novel to read ? One that I guarantee you definitely won't be able to put down ?
Wither (The Chemical Garden Trilogy)
Review: Wither - Book #1 : The Chemical Garden Trilogy- Lauren DeStefano- March 2011
I had been in two minds about Wither as I had seen it advertised and reviewed on other blogs and some of the new contemporary dystopian novels I have enjoyed whereas others have tended to be a bit weak, so I wasn't too sure what to expect with Wither but OMG it was one of the best books I have ever read , I loved it tremendously and could not put it down and when it ended I was like "I wish Lauren would write a bit faster , so I can find out more and see if Rhine is reunited with her twin brother Rowan. In Wither , we discover that the new generation of Children are not living as long as first generations which would be me and you. Girls are dying at twenty years and males at twenty-five years. In order to keep the population growing , girls are being sold as young as 13 and as old as 19 as Child Brides of these males who are aged between 20-25yrs. The main character Rhine was kidnapped and brought into a van of girls and only three of them were chosen, the rest dealt with in a horrifying matter. Now Cecily -aged 13 , Rhine- aged 16 and Jenna - aged 18 must travel and be married off to Lindon Ashby. The novel then moves into the lives of the girls as Sister Wives and throughout the novel , readers will encounter two deaths , a birth and a look at what life in a word of age limits can do to a person. Read as whether or not Rhine builds up the courage and success to escape the clutches of Headmaster Vaughn ? Will Rhine ever be reunited with her brother Rowan or will she be stuck as a Sister wife till the day she catches the virus and dies?
Find out in this amazing first book of the Chemical Garden Trilogy and a trilogy where I cannot wait to read Books #2 and #3 epecially if they turn out as good as the first book.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid